Hearing aid repairs
are part of our specialist services
Hearing aids are worn continuously and from time to time, it may happen that a device breaks through wear and tear or other forms of damage related to improper use or maintenance.
Repairing these devices forms part of our specialist services offered at our Durbanville audiology practice.
HEAR THE DIFFERENCE
RELIABLE HEARING TESTS
HEAR THE DIFFERENCE
As hearing aids are such compact devices, comprised of several small parts and technologies that are functioning non-stop, it comes as no surprise that regular maintenance is required. Luckily, there are audiologist practices, such as Dr Tanja Beeton Audiologist, that can assist you in hearing aid repairs.
As soon as a patient notices a problem with his or her hearing aid, it is great importance that they contact an audiologist like Dr Tanja Beeton for immediate assistance as to prevent further damage to the device. Hearing aid repairs should be carried out as soon as a problem is identified.
How can we help with your hearing aid repair?
At Dr Tanja Beeton Audiology, we endeavour to complete all hearing aid repairs within a very reasonable timeframe, ensuring none of our patients will go without their hearing aid devices for an extended period of time.
How to care for your hearing aid:
- Ensure you handle your device with care at all times. Hands should be clean and dry when handling hearing aids.
- Remove your device/s before showering, bathing or swimming.
- Ensure your ears are cleaned regularly.
- Keep your devices away from moisture especially in areas that are steamy.
- Remove the device battery at night when not in use.
- Use proper drying aids – soft clean and dry cloths are best. Avoid harsh chemicals or solvents when cleaning.
- Keep your device out of reach from children and animals.
- Ensure to handle sprays and cosmetics with care – sprays can clog components of your hearing aid.
- Ask us to do regular maintenance checks and tests on your device to keep it functioning optimally.
- When transporting your device, carry it in its protective case.
- Avoid dirt and moisture build-up as much as possible.
- Never attempt hearing aid repairs yourself – only allow professionals to repair your hearing aid device.
WHAT WE CAN
DO FOR YOU
021 976 8113
10 Plein Street